A Southern staple! Sliced and browned kielbasa with red beans and chopped vegetables, simmered in a tomato/chicken broth sauce with lots of yummy Cajun seasonings.
- 1 14 oz pkg smoked sausage, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp avocado or vegetable oil
- 2 15 oz cans red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp Tony Chachere’s Creole seasoning
- 1 tsp chili powder
- long grain white rice
- Start by cooking amount of rice desired according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a dutch oven or large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage to skillet and cook until slightly browned. Then add the onion, bell pepper and garlic. Cook until vegetables are tender and onion is translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add red beans, tomato sauce, broth, Creole seasoning, and chili powder and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once liquid has reduced some, serve over rice and enjoy!
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Southern
Keywords: Red Beans and Rice, Cajun Recipe, Creole Recipe, Quick and Easy, Weeknight Dinner